Bathroom vanities serve two important functions: they provide a convenient space for getting ready and offer storage solutions. When we picture a vanity, we often have a specific image in mind, but in reality, there are countless bathroom vanity ideas to choose from, making it easy to find one that suits any type and size of bathroom.
Bathroom Vanity Ideas: Styles, Materials, and Storage Options
Let’s explore some of the various styles, materials, and storage options, making it easy to pick the perfect vanity that matches your bathroom’s look and provides the storage you need.
Bathroom Vanity Styles
Three very popular vanity styles are: freestanding, pedestal sink, and double sink. Let’s explore the unique features of each style:
- Freestanding Vanities: Freestanding vanities come in various styles, materials, and sizes, making them suitable for a wide range of bathroom designs. Homeowners appreciate their ease of installation, customization options, and the ability to change them out without significant renovation.
- Pedestal Sink Vanities: Pedestal sinks are a space-efficient choice for bathrooms of all sizes and styles. Their versatility allows for personalization through faucet selection, mirrors, and wall-mounted storage, allowing you to create a bathroom that aligns with your preferences while maximizing floor space.
- Double Sink Vanities: Double sink vanities have become increasingly popular, especially in his and hers bathrooms. They offer convenience by providing separate sinks and storage space for each person.
Best Bathroom Vanity Materials
The three most popular materials used to build vanities are: wood, MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard), and Stone (Granite and Marble). Let’s take a look at what these three have to offer:
- Wood: Wood offers a timeless and warm appearance that suits various design styles, from traditional to contemporary. Oak, maple, and cherry were some of the preferred woods for vanity construction.
- MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard): MDF is a great choice for those seeking a more budget-friendly option. Its smooth surface is ideal for painted finishes, and it resists warping.
- Stone (Granite and Onyx): Natural stone countertops, especially granite and onyx, provide an elegant and upscale look and are appreciated for their durability and resistance to moisture when properly sealed.
Storage Options For Bathroom Vanities
When it comes to vanities, you have plenty of storage options to choose from, some that are quite obvious, but we’ll share them with you anyways:
- Medicine Cabinets
- Pull-Out Storage
- Under-Sink Storage
When choosing storage options for your bathroom vanity, it’s important to consider your daily routine and the items you need to store. Also, take into account the size and layout of your bathroom so that you’re sure your chosen storage solution not only looks nice but is functional.
There are lots of choices when it comes to bathroom vanities – from various styles, materials, to storage options, you don’t have to settle for something that doesn’t fit your space. What we covered was just a glimpse of the available options. Drop by our showroom for some inspiration, or contact Simple Bath for some expert advice on finding your perfect vanity.